Sunday, October 10, 2010

September Bee Block

Better late than never . Here are the blocks I made for September in Bee Vintage. A nice little churn dash (which I had never made before).

I really like how this one turned out. It doesn't hurt that the yellow floral is one of my all-time favorite vintage sheet prints. Jennifer wanted two blocks and said straight or wonky was fine so I made one of each.

So, I really liked the first one. The straight one. But the wonkified one....not so much.

There's not enough contrast between the background and the feature fabric. And I think it would have looked better if there were more contrast in size between the half square triangles and the straight side pieces. So....not so thrilled with the result but I learned a lot and thankfully, Jennifer loves both of them!

This month we're doing liberated stars, another one I've been wanting to try!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I also love that yellow floral. I haven't done a churn dash either, I like it though, and it's pretty simple.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!