Monday, March 22, 2010

Obsessions are good...right?



Okay, I hesitate to identify myself as a quilter because I feel like I am SO flying by the seat of my pants. I've never taken a class or anything like that. Pretty much just decided one day that I'd like to learn and I may have checked out a few books at the library. Mostly, I just figured I'd give it a whirl and see what happened. I've now made about 7 quilts and I STILL don't really know what I'm doing! In fact, I JUST learned the proper way to attach binding. I'm thrilled that my NEXT quilt will have the nice hunky chunky binding that I've been craving. And no, I'm not going to shame myself by exposing how I actually did bind those 7 or so quilts I've already made.

So, I am officially bitten by the quilting bug and can safely say that I imagine I will be quilting in some way shape or form for the rest of my life. Of course, I'll get a heck of a lot more done once my precious children are a little bit older. A two and three year old don't readily offer up much free time for quilting pursuits. I'll have to be content with adding to my little fabric stash and dreaming about projects in my future.

Anywho, this is a quilt I made for Owen's preschool fundraising auction. I am the first to admit that this is best classified as a "rustic quilt." Getting it completed on time was way more important than making sure every little stitch was perfect (HA!). One of the other mommas and I got all the kiddo's handprints as well as the teacher's and I whipped this little puppy out in about two weeks. I actually think it looks pretty cute. I sure hope my husband and I aren't the only ones who bid on it.

So, anyone know of a good afternoon nanny who can watch my kids so that I can go play with all my cute fabric?

1 comment:

  1. That is a great quilt. You are a natural and definitely A QUILTER. We learn as we go along. I would bid on it for sure if I wasnt in Australia. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!